Friday, April 22, 2011

Crossroads Theatre

On March 18, the SPA dancers had their first show in a professional theater. It was at Crossroads Theatre in New Brunswick. The morning was spent rehearsing and preparing to leave and packing up the set into the van. When we walked into the theater, it brought back memories of summer theater camp and teaching the kids. It was my first time actually dancing there though. We unloaded the van and began to put down the marley and put the set in place. After all of that was done, we had to light the show. After the show was lit, we went over a few pieces and ran a few pieces and then took a dinner break and got ready for the show.

Surprisingly, I wasn't too nervous about the performance, but I was still nervous. Mid way through the first piece I realized that there was a chair in the wings when it should've been on stage. I asked Kiara to take it out when we walked on for Time since it would have been the least noticeable. From what I saw, the rest of the show went without much problem. After the show, Ashlei and I collected the costumes from everybody, then got dressed in our "fancy clothes". The experience will stay with me, even though I'm sure to have more experiences like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment